July 14, 2008

Tuesday, September 9...

...is the day I'll be getting my second tattoo. =) The date has been set with Mikal at Infinity Tattoo in Portland and I can't wait. And that's without even having seen her design for the tattoo yet!

I've realized it will be best for me to tell my parents, and likely some other relatives, that I'm getting the tattoo done, and let them know I have one already. The main reason is because I'll be staying with an aunt and uncle while I'm in Portland and it just seems silly to go sneaking around like a teenager while taking care of it or trying to keep it covered up. And if I tell them, I should definitely tell my parents as well. I don't think they'll be happy, but, knowing how my family is, they'll resign themselves to the truth soon enough.

I was missing Oregon over the weekend (if only because they have better weather than we do, big surprise), so I indulged/tortured myself by watching my Burn to Shine DVD, which has nearly all of my favourite Portland bands on it (The Thermals, Gossip, Sleater-Kinney, Quasi, The Decemberists, The Shins). (Note to E - there's a Seattle Burn to Shine now, with bands chosen by Ben.) It made me want to go home very, very much, especially so I can experience summer. Today I saw the beautiful photos on this site (2nd post down), taken by a guy who paramotored to work. The pain of seeing all of that blue sky and hills and mountains and rivers...

It's way too nice out (for once) to be inside working. Damn you, weather, and your stupid timing.