June 29, 2008

3 days till Rock Werchter...

And, partly in preparation for it, I have bought 4 pairs of shoes this weekend. Holy cow, dunno what happened there... The most expensive pair was only 40 eur, but still, where am I going to store 4 more pairs of shoes?! I swear, I'm not even a shoe person.

Two pairs are for Werchter. I bought a cheap pair of sneakers for wetter weather, then I got a pair of Mary Jane Crocs for the warmer, drier moments (which hopefully will exist; the forecast for most of the festival is currently very thunderstormy. Hoorah.). They're my first pair of Crocs and I haven't properly worn them yet, but they feel mighty comfy. I also bought a pair of Crocs sandals, which are similarly comfy, plus at a sport store I got some summery walking shoes. I seem to have an optimism about what the weather will be like this summer...

I was at the sports store yesterday with Rachel, my partner in crime (or, maybe better said, rainstorms) for Werchter. We picked up the tent which will be our home for 4 days, or at least 4 nights, since I doubt we'll be in it much during the day. It's a 3-person tent, so we don't have to get too cozy with each other. I haven't gone camping in a very long time, but I like tents. Well, I say that now, maybe I'll be thinking differently in a week's time.

In other news, one of the last things needing to be finished for my apartment is finally done. All the parts of my curtains are up, and they look awesome:



Mucho thanks to Erika for the great job in sewing them!