August 9, 2008

The cow jumped over the moon



A bit of a random photo... This was the stamp given at the Gossip concert I went to in Auckland, New Zealand. It was so cute I had to take a photo of it.

Events are piling up for my time in the US, less than 4 weeks away... I just bought my train ticket to go to Seattle with a college friend of mine. While in Seattle, we'll go to a Damien Jurado show. I'll be going to a concert as well in Portland on my second night back (oof), mostly going to see John Vanderslice, though the main band playing that night is Vampire Weekend, which I know nothing about. I've not done bad this time, working in two shows during my visit. And the Portland one is at the Crystal Ballroom, which I've not been to in a very long time.

I have to renew my driver's license, though it's not expired yet. I have a feeling this will confuse the DMV, but I've prepared a story in case they wonder why I want to renew it a year in advance. (I'd go with the truth, but then the issue of claiming "residency" in Oregon when I do not technically reside in Oregon may be a problem).

There's the visiting of friends and putting in time with the parents. I want to visit the beach (which I have not been to in a heartbreakingly long time) and, if possible, go up to Timberline Lodge on Mt Hood. Books must be bought at Powell's, food to bring back must be gathered, and all those things I've put off getting until I was in cheap-dollar land must be gotten (a new backpack, sneakers... um, I'm sure there was more....) E, I'll hit the clothes shops on 23rd for you. Oh yeah, and I'll get a tattoo. I'm sure it will be the usual soaking up of home (minus the tattoo part. I haven't done that bit before).