April 8, 2005

Lost

One of my latest obsessions is the show Lost. It started showing on Dutch tv a couple of months ago, but O and I have quickly sped ahead by watching downloaded copies of what's been shown in the US. We've watched two episodes a night for the past two nights. There was a kind of boring lull there for a bit where my main entertainment was to make snarky comments, but now we're in a good streak of creepy, cliff-hanging episodes. The first episode we watched last night left on such a "ack!" moment, that O immediately turned to me and said solemnly "We gotta watch the next one." We still have 9 episodes to watch til we've caught up to where the US is, which will be kinda sad cuz then we have to wait a week like everyone else. Though it'll mean avoiding having things ruined for me by accidentally reading something on Television without Pity. Anyway, I don't know what grand plans the writers have in store, and I keep trying to imagine how they could keep this show up for years, but I just hope the show doesn't let me down with lame answers to the mysteries they've established.