September 21, 2008

An Illustrated Summary of My Trip to Oregon

I returned on Friday from my two weeks in the US. I had a brilliant time, I really enjoyed being back in Oregon. Plus I got one last taste of summer: it was sunny and warm (with some days being quite hot) for pretty much the entire 2 weeks. It was lovely. As was seeing friends, bumming around Portland, eating good food, and taking a side trip up to Washington. Below are a few photos I took (note the copious amounts of sun and blue sky in every photo).

Dragon boats on the Willamette River.



Watching thousands of Vaux's swifts circle a school in Portland before swooping into the chimney to roost for the night. (There are many birds in the sky around the chimney. Really.)



Waiting at Union Station at too-early-in-the-morning to catch the train up to Seattle.



My friend's wonderful flower/vegetable/herb garden in Snohomish, Washington.



The full moon rising next to Mt Hood, taken from Powell Butte park.



A perfect day at Cannon Beach.



View from Ecola State Park.



The pile of books I nabbed from Powell's. With all the books I bought being very cheap or used, the total came to only $50. Plus I sold two books that they gave me $6 for, so they really only cost me $44, or about 31 eur. I love Powell's.



More photos to come eventually, you know, after I'm done with all the photos still from Australia and New Zealand. And Mallorca. Ugh.